President & CEO of the Fair Hill Organizing Committee, an Affiliate of the Sport and Entertainment Corporation of Maryland
INDUSTRY EXPERT WITH 25+ YEARS EXPERIENCE creating, producing, and marketing over 70 live sports and entertainment events with seamless execution, maximizing brand equity and superior customer experience. Deep background creating new properties and events from the ground up, reenergizing existing ones and growing revenue through corporate partnerships/sponsorships, special events/one-of-a-kind experiential opportunities and ticketing/hospitality programs.
Newman began his career in events working for the Georgia State Olympics before being hired by sports marketing legend Donald Dell at ProServ, Inc. in 1995 as a Tournament Associate for the Legg Mason Tennis Classic (now Citi Open) in Washington, DC. Four years later, he became the youngest Tournament Director within the ATP Tour and held that distinction through 2011. During Newman’s tenure as Tournament Director from 2000 – 2017, the event grew to be one of only five combined ATP/WTA professional tournaments in the US and one of only eleven ATP 500 level events worldwide broadcast internationally in 185 countries.Other highlights include capturing >$50M in corporate sponsorships and raising over $2.75M for the tournament owner & beneficiary – Washington Tennis & Education Foundation.
In 2017, Newman went on to become VP of Events & Experiential Sales with iHeartMedia, Washington/Baltimore Region, offering sponsorship and unique packages connecting consumers with brands through the power of LIVE events. During his tenure, overall event sponsorship and non-traditional revenue increased 188% YOY.
Prior to becoming the new President & CEO of the Maryland 5 Star at Fair Hill and The Fair Hill Host Organizing Committee in August 2019, Newman served as VP, Global Partnerships with Monumental Sports & Entertainment (MSE), one of the largest integrated sports and entertainment companies in the country.
- Tennis– Citi Open, Andy Murray Live presented by SSE, Andy Roddick’sAMEX “My Ride” Tour, Vika for the Cause hosted by Victoria Azarenka, Sport Chek Face-Off, Lexus Champions for Charity, Hua Hin Tennis Exhibition, Ebix Charity Challenge hosted by John Isner, ConAgra Foods Rock-n-Racquets, Davis Cup and Fed Cup Semifinals, Andre Agassi Tennis Challenge, Andy Roddick Foundation Tennis Gala, TD Waterhouse Cup, AT&T Tennis Challenge
- College Football- The Military Bowl presented by Northrop Grumman
- College Basketball- BB&T Classic, The Showcase presented by Metro PCS
- Concerts / Festivals / Other – Hot 99.5 Jingle Ball, 93.1 WPOC Sunday in the Country, DC101 Kerfuffle, Blossom Bash & Petalpalooza (National Cherry Blossom Festival events), WMZQ Fest and Fall Fest, The BIG Concert, BIG 100 Throwback Series, 97.1 WASH for Kids Radiothon, WMZQ St. Jude Radiothon, Wounded Warrior End of Summer BBQ presented by National Pork Board
- Golf– David Ortiz Celebrity Golf Classic presented by Vitamin Water, ADT Golf Skills, Exelon Golf Invitational, GOLF MAGAZINE Amateur Challenge
- Olympics/Ice Skating- Georgia Games (State Olympics), The Caesars Tribute presented by Colgate Total – A Salute to the Golden Age of American Skating
- Running/Endurance– Sallie Mae 10K
- TV Production- The Superstars at Atlantis
- Volleyball- AVP Louisville Open presented by Kentucky Unbridled Spirit, Miller Lite King of the Beach