Last Updated: 3/26/20 at 10:20am
University/college closings and schedule modifications:
- *All schools in the University System of Maryland move to online instruction for the remainder of the Spring 2020 semester
- Bowie State University is closing March 12 and March 13 and will switch to remote instructing until at least April 6th.
- Salisbury University is closing March 12 and March 13 and will switch to remote instructing until at least April 3rd.
- University of Maryland, Eastern Shore will switch to online classes until at least April 3rd.
- UMBC is canceling classes March 12 and March 13 and all on-campus events through April 6th have been canceled.
- University of Baltimore (UB) is planning to transition to online learning by March 23 and to move classes online for at least two weeks.
- University of Maryland, College Park will have an extended spring break from March 16 to March 27, and switch to online classes until at least April 10.
- McDaniel College will move all classes online beginning March 23 for two weeks.
- Towson University has canceled classes March 11-13 and is preparing to switch to online classes after spring break.
- Harford Community College has canceled classes March 12-13, will be closed for spring break March 14-22 and will transition to online classes March 23-29.
- Howard Community College has canceled classes March 12-13. Spring break is moved to March 16 to March 22. Classes from March 23 to March 29 have been canceled.
- Loyola University has discontinued face-to-face classes until at least April 1st.
- Johns Hopkins University announced that starting March 11, all classes would switch to remote until at least April 12th.
- Strayer University Prince George's County Campus has suspended in-person classes.
- Coppin State University says "students should prepare to be away from the campus at least until April 6, 2020."
- Frostburg State University is moving all classes online until at least April 6.