Last Updated: 3/16/20 at 7:55am
For the most up-to-date information regarding the coronavirus, please visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/
University/college closings and schedule modifications:
- Bowie State University is closing March 12 and March 13 and will switch to remote instructing until at least April 6th.
- Salisbury University is closing March 12 and March 13 and will switch to remote instructing until at least April 3rd.
- University of Maryland, Eastern Shore will switch to online classes until at least April 3rd.
- UMBC is canceling classes March 12 and March 13 and all on-campus events through April 6th have been canceled.
- University of Baltimore (UB) is planning to transition to online learning by March 23 and to move classes online for at least two weeks.
- University of Maryland, College Park will have an extended spring break from March 16 to March 27, and switch to online classes until at least April 10.
- McDaniel College will move all classes online beginning March 23 for two weeks.
- Towson University has canceled classes March 11-13 and is preparing to switch to online classes after spring break.
- Harford Community College has canceled classes March 12-13, will be closed for spring break March 14-22 and will transition to online classes March 23-29.
- Howard Community College has canceled classes March 12-13. Spring break is moved to March 16 to March 22. Classes from March 23 to March 29 have been canceled.
- Loyola University has discontinued face-to-face classes until at least April 1st.
- Johns Hopkins University announced that starting March 11, all classes would switch to remote until at least April 12th.
- Strayer University Prince George's County Campus has suspended in-person classes.
- Coppin State University says "students should prepare to be away from the campus at least until April 6, 2020."
- Frostburg State University is moving all classes online until at least April 6.
Events that have been either canceled or postponed:
- Capital One Arena: All events including Washington Wizards games, Washington Capitals games, and all concerts have been suspended. This includes the Nick Cannon Presents Wild 'N Out on 3/13, Billie Eilish on 3/18 and Harlem Globetrotters on 3/21.
- NBA Washington Wizards games have been postponed for the remainder of the season.
- All Maryland Casinos are closed by an order from Governor Larry Hogan.
- Maryland Zoo in Baltimore is closed to the public until further notice.
- The National Aquarium in Baltimore is closed to the public until at least March 27.
- National Cherry Blossom Festival has canceled some of the events set to take place March 20 - April 12.
- D.C. St. Patrick's Day Parade has been postponed.
- The B&A Trail Marathon and Half Marathon have been canceled.
- Pearl Jam at Royal Farms Arena on March 28 has been postponed.
- I.M.P. concerts and events held at 9:30 Club, The Anthem, Lincoln Theatre and 9:30 Club Presents at U Street Music Hall from March 12 until March 31 have been postponed.
- MLS D.C. United soccer games have been postponed for 30 days starting March 12.
- Shamrocks and Shenanigans feat. Cheat Codes at Power Plant Live on March 13 has been postponed.
- NHL Washington Capitals games have been postponed until further notice.
- Smithsonian: All museums closed to the public until further notice.
- Annapolis Opera has canceled performances of 'Susannah' on March 13 and March 15.
- Walters Art Museum has canceled all programming through April 12, but remains open during normal business hours.
- Baltimore Museum of Art has postponed all events through April 12 and all public areas of the museum are closed until at least March 31.
- Baltimore Symphony Orchestra have canceled all concerts and public events through March 31.
- Baltimore St. Patrick's Day Parade has been canceled.
- Flying Dog Brewery has closed their tasting room and canceled brewery events.
- U.S. Congress and U.S. Senate buildings are closed to the public until April 1st.
- Baltimore Shamrock 5K has been canceled.
- MLB - Opening Day has been delayed by at least two weeks
- Kennedy Center - all performances and public events canceled through March 31st.
- XFL Washington Defenders games at Audi Field have been canceled.
- The Frederick Fairgrounds have postponed all events until the Governor's Executive Order has been lifted.
This page will be updated as new information is made available.
Photo: NIAID Rocky Mountain Laboratories (RML), U.S. NIH