Although the COVID-19 outbreak has resulted in many local festivities being postponed and/or cancelled, many places are still planning on going ahead with their 4th of July fireworks displays this year while encouraging proper safety precautions and social distancing while viewing.
According to VisitMaryland.org, here are places where professional fireworks displays are being held this year. Click the links for more detailed information and the latest updates.
- Chester: Kent Island Fireworks, July 1
- Oella: Firefly Fireworks at Benjamin Banneker Historical Park and Museum, July 3 (note: not actual fireworks but fireflies)
- Williamsport: Independence Day Celebration Fireworks, July 3
- Chesapeake City: Bohemia Manor Farm Fireworks, July 4 (tickets required)
- Deep Creek Lake: Fire on the Mountain Fireworks Display, July 4
- Easton: Avalon Foundation Fourth of July Fireworks, July 4
- Hagerstown: Fireworks at Fairgrounds Park, July 4
- Washington, DC: National Mall Fireworks, July 4
These are among some of the popular fireworks displays that have been either cancelled or postponed for the 4th of July 2020:
- CANCELLED: Annapolis 4th of July Fireworks
- CANCELLED: Baltimore Inner Harbor 4th of July Fireworks
- CANCELLED: Columbia Lakefront 4th of July Fireworks
- POSTPONED: Ocean City 4th of July Music & Fireworks